- 2 pounds ground beef (grass fed or organic), or ground chicken
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and chopped
- 10 cups of chopped vegetables (carrots, celery, rutabaga, brussels sprouts, green beans, leeks, cauliflower, purple cabbage, yellow corn)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 29 ounces 100% pure pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 2 cans kidney beans, drained (15-ounce cans)
- 1 cup beef bone broth
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-2 bay leaves
- Optional Toppings: raw cream, raw cheese, cilantro
- Place 1 cup water in pressure cooker. Heat to boil and saute onions, minced garlic, cumin, cinnamon and bay leaves in the water.
- Add chopped vegetables to the pressure cooker. Pressure cook for 2.5 minutes.
- Release pressure. Keep heat on.
- Pour the pumpkin puree and chicken broth into the pot. Stir well and heat to simmer.
- Add ground beef or chicken into the simmering pot and stir well for 10 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Serve warm with toppings if desired.
- This dish can be paired with cauliflower rice or a gluten free tortilla wrap (blue corn preferred).