The intent of this article is to provide a brief overview of the large subject of weight loss and then to focus on development programs and their effects on weight.
- Most weight loss approaches make people less healthy.Most people are already malnourished (which in itself can cause weight gain). Many weight loss methods limit food intake and this can make malnutrition worse. These methods include:
– Suppressing appetite. These methods include the use of HCG, Dexadrine or other drugs. They also include surgery to reduce the size of the stomach.
– Limiting calories. This includes programs such as Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig and many other diet systems.
– Restricting when one eats such as intermittent fasting and other fasting regimens.
- Responsible, safe, permanent weight loss requires nutritional supplements.They are needed to replenish nutrients that are missing from our food and that help handle stress. This is another failure of many weight loss approaches.
- Responsible, safe and permanent weight loss requires removal of about two dozen toxic metals and hundreds of toxic chemicals from the body.These are present in everyone today and they get in the way of proper functioning of the body. This is another missing part of most weight loss programs and an important reason for their failure and lack of safety.
- A development program, the subject of this website, is not a weight loss program.However, weight loss often occurs easily because one becomes much healthier. It is a ‘side effect’ of:
– improving the quality of one’s diet and lifestyle.
– balancing body chemistry
– releasing emotional traumas
- GENERAL CAUSES FOR EXCESSIVE WEIGHT GAIN
Most weight gain involves one or more of the following factors:
- Diet issues.This includes eating too much and/or eating the wrong foods,
- Lifestyle issues.This includes inadequate sleep or a totally sedentary lifestyle.
We do not advocate vigorous exercise. We do not think it is necessary for weight loss. However, mild exercise and deep breathing definitely assist with weight loss.
- Biochemical imbalances associated with weight gain.The best known of these is a low thyroid condition. However, other glandular imbalances or metabolic problems can contribute to weight gain.
- Trauma and other psychological reasons.These are often hidden causes of weight gain. Holding weight can be used for many purposes described below.
- Unusual reasons for weight gain.In a few cases, the Rogues use brain implants to cause weight gain. These instances are resistant to all the usual methods of correction, including a development program.
Please contact us if you are following a complete development program and unable to lose weight. We may be able to help.
III. SPECIFIC CAUSES
FOOD AND DIETARY CAUSES
- Too much food.One reason for overeating is eating poor quality food that leaves one hungry for nutrients, so one eats more. A way to help avoid this is to eat only whole, natural foods, preferably organically grown.
In some people, overeating is simply a bad habit, such as eating when bored or tired, eating when anxious, or eating as just to have something to do or to avoid problems.
At times, traumas such as rape can cause overeating to make the body less attractive in order to avoid another rape. Others overeat to cover up anger or other negative emotions.
- The wrong kind of foods or diets.The most common wrong food is carbohydrates, which includes sugars and starches.
Sugar-rich foods. The less one eats of these, the better. They include sugar, honey, maple and other syrups, chocolate, fruit, juices, milk, milkshakes, nut milks, soda pop, lemonade, sports drinks such as Gatorade and Recharge and other sweetened beverages. Today, bread usually has sweetener in it, and even grain-fed meat is somewhat sweet due to the way the cows and other animals are fed.
Starches. These include breads, pastries, pastas, flour tortillas, cookies, cakes, donuts, rolls and buns, bisquets, cereals, granola, trail mixes, muesli, pies, and other desserts. It also includes potatoes, sweet potatoes and yams.
To maintain a good weight, one needs to eat these in moderation or not at all. We suggest avoiding all wheat and spelt products, which includes most flour products.
Very starchy vegetables include mainly sweet potatoes and yams. We do not recommend these vegetables. The only starchy grain we suggest is blue corn chips, at this time. Blue corn is an heirloom variety of corn that contains certain selenium compounds needed for development.
Fats and oils. These are high-calorie foods that can put on weight when eaten in excess. When slow oxidizers eat a lot of fat, it also throws their bodies further out of balance, which can cause weight gain.
Food chemicals. These can contribute to weight gain. The most common are aspartame and other artificial sweeteners used in “diet foods”. Studies show that these cause weight gain! The reasons are not entirely clear.
The fewer you ingest, the better. They have no place in the human body. You will have to read labels to find them in processed food, which is often loaded with them.
Instead of these, focus on loads of cooked vegetables. This is explained later in this article.
BIOCHEMICAL IMBALANCES THAT CAN CAUSE WEIGHT GAIN
SLOW OXIDATION. Qualities of a slow oxidation rate that may impact weight are:
– Sluggish adrenal and thyroid glandular activity. This leads to a pear-shaped body with more weight carried lower on the body.
– Fatigue. Some in slow oxidation may eat to “keep up one’s strength or energy”.
– Impaired circulation is also common in slow oxidizers and can be one of the reasons those in slow oxidation may have difficulty losing weight.
– Impaired digestion and a leaky gut are common. This causes food sensitivities that occasionally cause water retention and weight gain. A digestive aid is very helpful.
– Yeast infections. This can cause a bloated and ‘yin’ or expanded appearance.
– Copper Toxicity. Most all slow oxidizers are copper toxic and zinc-deficient. One effect of this situation is a decrease in real appetite and an increase in unusual cravings. This can result in anorexia, but it can also and often does result in odd cravings and a lack of a consistent appetite control.
– Hypoglycemia and diabetes. Many slow oxidizers also have a tendency for chronic low blood due to weak adrenal glands. This can attract one to sweets and sugary foods, which may easily contribute to excess weight gain.
FAST OXIDATION AND WEIGHT GAIN
The fast oxidizer body shape – the apple shape. The classic fast oxidizer shape is the apple shape. There is a tendency to gain weight in the stomach and chest areas, while the arms and legs remain thin.
This is sometimes called a “Cushing’s disease” body shape, since it is associated with this illness. It is due to overactive adrenal glands. High insulin levels may also contribute, in some cases.
Metabolic Syndrome or Syndrome X. Some with a fast oxidation rate have metabolic syndrome. This is high weight, high blood pressure, high blood sugar and high lipids. They gain weight around the waist and in the upper body such as the chest.
This is a direct effect of excessive carbohydrates in the diet and/or excessive cortisone and cortisol secretion by the adrenal glands. It is a mild form of Cushing’s syndrome, the disease of overactive adrenal glands.
Cortisone and cortisol secretion in excess cause fat deposition, especially in the abdomen and shoulders, where the fat pad is called a ‘buffalo hump’. Fast oxidizers are prone to this condition.
Dietary carbohydrates cause weight gain in fast oxidation. This body type may lose considerable weight quickly just by switching to a diet low in all carbohydrates and eating more fat and oil. Reducing refined grains and white sugars is particularly helpful.
Water retention. This is common in fast oxidizers for a number of reasons:
- Cortisol causes water retention.These individuals, more than slow oxidizers, often have poor muscle definition and a pasty, water-logged consistency to their skin and tissues with significant water retention.
- Cortisone also damages the kidneys, which can lead to water retention.In fact, this occurs in slow oxidizers as well for different reasons, namely the accumulation of toxic metals.
- A high tissue sodium level tends to cause water retention as a compensatory mechanism.
- Overeating on carbohydrates aggravates this tendency because carbohydrate foods break down to water.This would not be a problem if the person could handle the excess water, but often they cannot.
A need for zinc, copper and other trace minerals. Fast oxidizers require more zinc in their diets to offset their high sodium levels. Carbohydrates deplete their zinc, which causes their sodium level to rise further.
High insulin in fast oxidation. The insulin level tends to be higher in fast oxidizers, and high insulin can cause fat deposition.
Fast oxidizers need to reduce their insulin secretion. An excellent way to do this is to limit carbohydrate intake. This includes stopping all fruit and sweet juices, and reducing grains. We suggest everyone eliminate wheat and spelt completely from the diet.
Limiting carbohydrates also means reducing the amount of sweet and very starchy vegetables such as sweet potatoes and yams.
A HAIR SODIUM/POTASSIUM RATIO LESS THAN 2 AND FAST OXIDATION
This is a common occurrence in those who are overweight in fast oxidation. It indicates that a fast oxidation rate is temporary and will change to slow oxidation soon. It also indicates several imbalances associated with weight gain:
- Excessive stress, which causes higher cortisone, high cortisol and higher insulin levels, all of which contribute to weight gain.
- Kidney stress, which causes water retention in many people.
- Emotional stress such as frustration, resentment and hostility.This also contributes to weight gain, indirectly, as discussed later in this article.
This pattern is described in much more detail in a separate article by clicking here.
MIXED OXIDIZER PATTERNS
Some people have a mixed oxidation pattern on a hair mineral analysis. This is due to the presence of toxic metals, nutrient deficiencies and other factors including mental/emotional ones. As healing occurs, mixed oxidation resolves eventually to a slow oxidation rate in adults.
One may go through a number of shifts in the oxidation rate before the oxidation rate settles down. There is no way to predict the shifts in the oxidation rate because healing is very individual and personal.
A parasympathetic type. These people have a more active parasympathetic nervous system. This is associated with a more active digestive system. These individuals enjoy eating and they digest and absorb food well. They are also ‘couch potatoes’, meaning they do not enjoy exercise. They tend to gain weight easily and have trouble keeping it off.
PSYCHOLOGICAL CAUSES FOR WEIGHT GAIN
Many emotions and mental attitudes can lead to weight gain. Here are some possibilites:
– Needing love. For some people, food equals love. Eating can be a way of receiving love. Psychoanalysis has shown that this can be related to problems that one had breastfeeding as a baby.
– Angry. One can eat to mask or cover up anger and resentment. One puts on weight as a kind of insulation from reality. These people feel very angry when they lose weight, so they tend not to continue with weight loss programs. This is quite common.
– A need for safety. Some people feel much safer carrying extra weight. For example, it can make them less attractive to the opposite sex, or perhaps it makes them more attractive, they think. In other instances, they just feel less vulnerable to physical attack such as rape or beating if they are heavy.
– The cozy warm feeling. Some people like the feeling of warmth that comes with holding on to extra weight. One is a little warm all the time. It is a ‘cozy’ feeling that they love and never want to give up.
– Butterballs. Some people like the appearance, not the feeling of being fat. This may sound unusual, but it is true. They like to look and feel rollie-pollie, like a butterball turkey. They really dislike the ‘emaciated’ or ‘concentration camp’ look of some people, which they consider ugly. The reason may be childhood conditioning or for other reasons discussed below.
– Breasts. Some women – and/or their husbands and boyfriends – just love the appearance and feelings of breasts. This is not necessarily about sex alone, and can be just as much about appearance, too. Breasts are just fun to look at, fun to push around, fun to stuff into the bra, fun to wash, and yes, fun to have him play with – for hours if he wishes to (and he often does).
It is a fascination with breasts that is very real, although women with no breasts or men who are not ‘breast guys’ don’t understand it. These women really hate and often mock the flat-chested look of thin people and think it is just plain ugly.
To keep their breasts large, these women will gain and keep too much weight. It works and is fine with them. They will eat fat, sugar, lots of pork and ham, or whatever it takes to keep those breasts large. If they get cancer from it, so be it. That is their attitude.
– Satisfying the man. Some husbands or boyfriends sadly demand or at least strongly desire large breasts and/or a generally voluptuous, plump look in their sexual partners. They say, “Honey, just keep the breasts and maybe the hips large. That is all I care about.”
Sometimes the husbands or boyfriends don’t say it out loud, but they indicate by their gaze that this is what they like. Their wives or girlfriends get the message loud and clear. They realize they had better keep the breasts large or they may lose their husband. These men don’t mind that their wives or girlfriends are too heavy as long as the breasts stay large. This is rough on some women, and quite common.
This is a sad reason to keep extra unhealthy weight, but it occurs a lot. Some women tire of it and say to heck with this. However, do not doubt that they can lose their husbands to other women if they do this. Some would say they are better off without the ‘breast guy’. However, it can be financially difficult and rough in other ways, too.
– Strength. Some people feel weak if they lose weight. Often, thin people are weaker because the body loses some muscle when one loses weight.
Some people literally feel that if they are a healthy weight, they are just “blowing in the wind”. They feel too sensitive and a little cold all the time.
In fact, many heavy people find being thin very uncomfortable. They don’t even relate to thin people well at all. They think thin people are “98 pound weaklings” and cannot understand why someone would allow himself or herself to be so thin.
– Bullying or ‘tough guy’ fat. Some people like to push other people around. This is much easier if one is heavy. This is a little aberrated, but true.
– Respect. Some people believe they get more respect if they are heavy. Other people and even dogs and cats are more afraid of their size and strength, so they treat them better.
At times, this is true. Thin people are sometimes given less attention and respect because people are not afraid of their size and strength. Thin people may not realize this.
– More sexy. Heavy people are often sexier than thin people. Heavier people think thin people are very unsexy and unattractive. This is something that thin people usually do not understand.
Being heavy means there is more flesh to play with and enjoy. Heavier people often do not agree with the late 20th century Hollywood movie formula: thin=sexy. They believe this is a sick mentality, which can be true.
For example, some heavy people love bathing in the shower or tub with their fat rolling around. The entire sensation is very sexually pleasurable. Appearance matters much less to them.
If they become thin, this pleasure disappears. They become “skin and bones”, which is no fun at all. So they stay heavy to enjoy the body more. Thin people do not have this pleasure and do not realize its reality.
Of course, thin people think that overweight people are unsexy. However, they are wrong, in many cases.
This is true of both men and women. It is influenced by one’s body type and health situation, and also often a result of subtle or overt comments made by parents and other adults when one was a child.
– Childhood conditioning. Some young or older children are praised for being ‘heavy duty’, ‘tough’, ‘big’ or ‘hunky’. The parent, relative or other person genuinely likes and is impressed by such a large body.
Some children are also bullied or made fun of because they are too thin and a ‘weakling’. When they grow up, these individuals often want to maintain a heavy weight because in their mind this equals safety or being a good boy or girl. This is a powerful reason for weight gain in some people.
Of course, in other instances, a child was chided or made fun of for being a little heavy. In these cases, the person may consciously and unconsciously remain thin so that in their mind they will think they are a good boy or girl.
– Losers. Some people feel they will never attain the Hollywood look, or be smart, or become rich and beautiful, so why bother. They like the Walmart look, which is the look of the common man or woman.
This is particularly true in America, for some reason. Maybe because we have the most Walmart stores. The Walmart look is overweight, no makeup or too much makeup, a little sloppy and slovenly, but with a very nice personality, at least on the outside (see hatred below).
– Hatred. This is an extension of being angry in which the anger moves from the second energy center to the third center and becomes a fixed attitude. Some people hate the norms of society, including the Hollywood ‘sexy’, ‘beautiful people’ look. They will gain weight to mock it. This is not the same as the next reason.
– Oppositional defiant. This is also related to being angry. Oppositional defiant is a mindset. For example, if one’s doctor or the television news say to be lean, these people want to gain weight to just oppose the norm of society. Whatever society wants of them, they oppose and defy!
TRAUMA AND WEIGHT GAIN
Trauma causes some people to gain weight. Various mechanisms may be involved. One may eat to:
- a) Literally protect the body from harm by increasing its mass and volume.This makes it harder for an attacker to succeed.
- b) Make the body less attractive to a rapist.
- c) Make the body less attractive to the opposite sex, if this is the cause of the trauma.
- d) Hide one’s anger and rage about the trauma.The extra weight serves as a type of denial of the trauma.
- e) Cover up one’s shame and disgust with what has occurred and perhaps with the resulting body and mind.
- f) One may simply no longer care about one’s appearance due to a trauma, which can simply be a nasty look one gave you when you were five years old.
- g) Trauma depletes calcium, magnesium, zinc and other nutrients.Commonly, one loses the normal appetite control mechanisms as a result. One then eats from nervousness, by the clock, or in some other way other than from real hunger. This can lead to overweight, especially if one has other emotional issues that influence one’s appearance.
- h) A trauma can cause one to become alienated and depressed.This leads to any and all of the emotional issues discussed in the section above – and to overweight as a result.
THE BIOENERGETIC APPROACH OF A DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
Physiological correction. As long as one does not correct the biochemical imbalances associated with overeating and other food issues, weight loss is often slow, temporary or just not pleasant at all.
One of the great benefits of a development program, as compared with all other diet programs, is that a development program restores the nutrients that control appetite. It also gets rid of toxic iron, cadmium, aluminum, copper and other toxins that can cause or contribute to attitudes such as anger, hatred and oppositional defiance. As this occurs, awareness grows and often weight issues just disappear overnight.
Also, one becomes far more aware of hunger and thirst, and this helps a lot with weight control.
Trauma release and other psychological correction. This is also required for many people to control their weight. A serious problem with most all weight loss programs is they do not address trauma and other serious psychological reasons for weight gain.
Trauma release with a development program. Unlike almost all weight loss methods, a development program will bring up many memories and traumas. This is needed to retrace them and resolve them completely.
Retracing is an unusual process of re-visiting, reviewing, and often reframing and understanding one’s past accurately and dispassionately. For details, read Retracing And Healing Reactions.
Hating the healing process. Unfortunately, many people do not like this at all! They hate it, in fact, because they have suppressed their feelings for years.
Often their counselors and psychologists and doctors have recommended this course of action. “Just forget it and live your life”, they say. So that is what most people do with their traumas.
The feelings. When feelings come up for retracing, many people are in shock. The feelings are often truly ugly and disgusting.
For example, one suddenly, without warning, can feel like murdering people. Often the object of their rage and hatred is someone close to them such as a husband, children or a close friend.
Projection. This is called psychological projection because the real culprit or situation is usually no longer around. However, the feelings seem very real. They can be very intense and scary for most people. We believe that overweight people, in particular, like to think of themselves as happy people, so it is quite a shock when they feel like murdering, beheading, stabbing or otherwise hurting others.
What to do. It often requires deep breathing, some strong chamomile tea or a few calcium/magnesium tablets and lecithin capsules or granules just to calm down. It may also require a long walk or good quality counseling with a friend or professional.
These are needed to come to terms with the feelings, accept them as okay, and actually embrace them as part of one’s healing process. Then they mysteriously fade away. In fact, the whole process is quite strange and mysterious.
Suddenly, one feels like one is ten years old again and the teacher just gave one a dirty look because one was too thin or something else. Maybe the school bully just beat you up. In other instances, you remember that the clique of girls just told you they are not inviting you the big party because you are too skinny and they don’t like your little breasts. So you decided you will have big breasts, no matter what. It is all rather unusual and strange.
The weirdest thing is that if you stop the development program and return to your old diet, or stop the coffee enemas or some other part of the program, or go back to salads for lunch, the feelings mysteriously go right away.
As a result, some people decide the program is bad for them. “It won’t work. It makes me worse”, they say. No! You are just healing your traumas! This is one of the biggest challenges for both clients and Helpers with development programs.
It occurs because a development program enhances mental functioning in powerful ways. If one can handle it, food issues often just fade away, sometimes overnight. This is also strange and amazing, and quite wonderful. It is like years of counseling squeezed into one day – or even one hour in some instances.
Interestingly, one need not know what the trauma was and one need not analyze one’s past with a psychologist, as some have done. Insights just occur automatically as the brain heals at deep levels.
The bioenergetic approach to trauma release. We call this the bioenergetic approach to psychotherapy and trauma release because it has to do with increasing the adaptive energy of the body. No effort or willpower is involved except one must do the program. As this is done, processing of traumas occurs automatically.
The only problem is it does not occur on your schedule. You can’t say “I will think about my problem between 2 PM and 2:50 PM with the counselor. Then I will go back to my regular life.” No way!
The feeling may come up just when you are relaxing to go to sleep, or just when you are ready to go on a fun date. This can ruin the best evening! For more details, read Trauma Release and Healing Rape.
– Only keep the proper foods in the home.
– Stay busy with activities that do not involve eating.
– Cultivate friends who want to eat well and let go of the others or socialize less with the ‘eaters’.
– Skip alcohol, which puts on a lot of weight.
– Skip all fruit and juices, except for 10-12 ounces of carrot juice daiy. Fruit and juices can put on weight.
– Go to bed early and get lots of rest and sleep.
– Cultivate a healthful lifestyle with some exercise daily, but not to exhaustion.
COMMENTS ON VARIOUS WEIGHT LOSS METHODS
HCG THERAPY FOR WEIGHT LOSS
This consists of taking shots of human chorionic gonadotropin or HCG, or a homeopathic formula of it, plus a low calorie diet.
This method reduces appetite. It can cause weight loss for this reason, it is a starvation method that worsens health. For details, read HCG For Weight Loss.
INTERMITTENT FASTING OR SKIPPING BREAKFAST FOR WEIGHT LOSS
This method limits the hours during which one eats. One may eat two meals daily instead of three. It often helps with weight loss, but it causes the body to become more malnourished. It is difficult enough to obtain the nutrients we all need if you eat three meals a day. It is even more difficult if you skip meals.
THE ATKINS DIETING APPROACH
Dr. Robert Atkins, MD sold over 10 million books about weight loss. He advocated a higher fat and very low carbohydrate diet. It was roundly criticized by medical authorities. However, many have now changed their mind and realize that Dr. Atkins was on to something.
However, his low carbohydrate diet is very deficient in trace minerals and other nutrients. It will make a person more malnourished. For details, read The Atkins Diet. We find that if a person eats a development diet with lot of cooked vegetables and takes the proper supplements, the very strict Atkins system is not needed by most people for weight loss.
VIGOROUS EXERCISE FOR WEIGHT LOSS
Some weight loss programs suggest exercising vigorously to burn calories and perhaps for other reasons such as to oxygenate the body. We find this is not that safe for many people whose bodies are quite ill.
With a development program, we suggest only gentle or mild exercise. This is all that is needed.
RAW FOOD FOR WEIGHT LOSS
This is another starvation method, although it does not appear that way. This method helps with weight loss because one stops eating breads, pastries, cookies, cakes, and other cooked foods.
However, our bodies cannot absorb minerals well from raw vegetables. Our bodies are not able to break down tough vegetable fibers and the hard fiber of grains.
A second problem with this method is that raw food makes the body very yin. This slowly throws the body out of balance and worsens health in all cases, even if symptomatic benefits occur from the diet.
Raw food regimens with a lot of fruit usually do not work at all for weight loss. This causes a lot of frustration for many people. The reason, besides those given above, is that fruit contains a lot of sugar that upsets body chemistry and can actually put on weight.
VEGETARIAN DIETS FOR WEIGHT LOSS
This is another starvation method. Vegetarian diets often feel better and work for a time because they involve simplifying one’s diet and eliminating fatty foods. However, in our experience, ALL vegetarian regimens are deficient in vital nutrients and starve the body.
We do not believe that one can get all required nutrients from a vegetarian diet. It is virtually impossible to get enough high-quality zinc compounds, selenium compounds, taurine, other sulfur compounds and more from a totally vegetarian diet.
In fact, vegetarian diets can cause weight gain, depending on what one eats. Some people fill up on bread, rice, cake, candy, cookies, beans and sweet potatoes, and then wonder why they are gaining weight. For details, read Vegetarianism.
- WEIGHT LOSS WITH A DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
A complete development program usually takes care of weight problems because it:
- Slowly restores thyroid activity.A development program causes the removal of chlorides, fluorides, bromides, copper and mercury from the thyroid gland. It also restores iodine, manganese, selenium and other nutrients the thyroid requires.
As this is done, the thyroid begins to function normally. Eventually most people do not need thyroid hormone replacement therapy unless the thyroid gland has been destroyed by surgery or radioactive iodine therapy.
- Reduces appetite by dramatically increasing one’s nutrition.This way one feels more satisfied, which reduces food cravings.
- Reduces insulin and cortisol production.These hormones turn carbohydrates into fat.
- Reduces water retention.This occurs due to better zinc levels, lower cortisol and cortisone levels, lower insulin, and a more balanced oxidation rate.
- Makes the body much more yang.Yang is a Chinese word that means warmer and more contracted. Many people’s bodies are literally expanded. As one becomes more yang, there is a general contraction of the body.
6 Helps one face issues and work through traumas. This happens automatically on a development program as one’s adaptive energy level rises. As these issues are resolved, abnormal food cravings often vanish, eating sensibly becomes easier, and often one naturally eats less and handles food better.
- Cellulite goes away, too.For more on this topic, please read Cellulite.
HINTS FOR WEIGHT LOSS ON A DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
- The diet isessential. Do not try to avoid the diet. The stricter you follow the diet, the better will be the outcome. For example, one needs to avoid ALL fruit and fruit juices, not just most of them.
- Cravings and odd feelings will occur at times.This is normal and nothing to be concerned about. Just do your best, using gimmicks, if needed, to keep you from overeating or eating the wrong foods.
- The time factor in weight loss.This varies depending on genetics, glandular balance, one’s health situaton and other factors. A development program is not an instant cure. Settle in for the long haul.
- The detoxification procedures are often very helpful or required.They include the use of a near infrared lamp sauna, foot reflexology, the spinal twists, coffee enemas and the pulling down exercise. For details, read The Procedures Handbook. Chiropractic and the Accelerators may be most helpful, as well.
VII. OTHER TOPICS
DIFFERENT APPEARANCE DEPEND UPON THE CAUSE OF WEIGHT GAIN
Bloated look. This is often due to eating a lot of sweets and/or alcohol. These cause a yin condition, yeast overgrowth and general swelling of the face and body.
Doughy look. This is often duet to consuming too many complex carbohydrates such as bread, potatoes or other grains or starches. A doughy look is also a characteristic of myxedema, a condition characterized by very low thyroid activity.
Sickly and sort of sloppy appearance. This can come from living on fast food and other processed, depleted and other poor quality foods.
The apple shape. This is associated with a fast oxidation rate. These people tend to carry more weight higher up on the body and develop a larger belly and perhaps larger breasts, with thinner arms and legs.
The pear shape. This is associated with slow oxidation rate. Weight is carried low on the body, primarily on the hips and legs. Trauma is also more associated with this body shape.
VII. COMMENTS FOR THOSE WISHING TO GAIN WEIGHT
A development program helps some people gain weight if they are very underweight. This may occur because:
– One’s digestion and absorption of food improves due improve body chemistry.
– The nervous system functions better and this improves digestion and all body activities.
– Some people are not eating enough of the right foods needed to balance weight.
– Rarely, a person has a hidden hyperthyroid condition that resolves on a development program. This can also cause weight gain if one is underweight.
– Correcting a copper imbalance can increase appetite, causing a person to eat more.
– An improved lifestyle with plenty of rest helps some people to gain weight if they are too thin.
– Removing toxic metals helps the entire body function better.
– Psychological and spiritual improvements such as healthier attitudes and resolution of traumas helps some people gain weight.